You can’t beat free. Everything about this make was free. The pattern was free and the fabric was all scraps from previous projects. Most times sewing is not cost efficient, yardage is expensive, but it makes me happy when I knock out a winner with scraps.
A few things about this pattern, it has a high neckband and a bit boxy. It also has 1/4″ seam allowance which I found to be a bit small, I would prefer 1/2″ or 5/8″ seam allowance.
I’ve had this pic saved on pinterest for awhile. I love it. I love the mix-match sleeves, the pocket, the color blocking. This make was inspired by this pin. I basically went to my scrap bin and looked for coordinating knits.
I sewed up a Medium. I made several ‘off-the-cuff’ changes. I made a small bust adjustment first. Then I broke up the front/back into colorblocking. I think I measured about 6″ down from the underarm. I also lowered the front neckline 1/2″.
I did freehand draft the pocket. I tend to make my pockets on the smaller side. If I do make this again, I would try to make the pocket bigger.
I’m pretty sure the flower print and solid black are cotton jersey. The snake print is double brushed poly.
I think next time I will either lengthen the top or straighten the bottom hem.
I used my coverstitch on the neckline and hems. It makes me feel so good about my knits.
Pattern: Stellan Tee by French Navy
Fabric: cotton jersey and double brushed poly
Alterations: Small bust adjustment, 1/2″ lower neckline, drafted pocket
Overall: I love this a lot. Next time I will add on a larger seam allowance. Highly recommend,